Here at Great Beginnings, we believe in the spiritual, educational and overall development of children as they grow, learn, play and explore the world around them. Our program is carefully designed to meet each child’s individual needs. We involve all our children in the learning process from the infant class through four year old learners. We believe that no child is too young to learn with developmentally appropriate activities. The content and experience offered vary according to the age of the children. Our Nursery Programs are open from 7:30am – 6:00pm while our Preschool Programs are open from 7:00am – 6:00pm.
Lessons include activities to enhance skills in:
- Pre-and Beginning Reading
- Pre-and Beginning Math
- Nature & Science
- Arts & Crafts
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills
- Music & Dance
- Social Skills & Recreational Play
We use the rigorous A Beka Curriculum designed by the Pensacola Christian College to ensure that children grow up with a sound foundation and are taught the educational, social, developmental and behavioral skills necessary to be prepared to enter the school system as well as engage as active participants in their family and in the community.
Our Classes and Maximum Ratios for Our Nursery Programs
- The Little Lambs is our 6 weeks to 13 month old class. Maximum Ratio is 4 Lambs to a Caregiver.
- The Ducks is our 16 month old to 24 month old class. Maximum Ratio is 5 Ducks to a Teacher.
Our Classes and Maximum Ratios for Our Preschool Programs
- The Penguins is our 2 year old class. Maximum ratio is 8 Penguins to a Teacher.
- The Cubs is our 3-4 year old Class. Maximum ratio is 10 Cubs to a Teacher.
- The Giraffes & Eagles are our Pre-K Class. Maximum ratio is 10 Giraffes/Eagles to a Teacher.